About St. Benedict Anglican Church, Tucson, Arizona
The inspiration to form St. Benedict Anglican Church in Tucson was brought about
by the prayer and discernment of Fr. Juan Sanchez Sanchez. Fr. Juan had become
aware of the need for an Anglican Church on the east side of Tucson that would
meet the needs of parishioners looking for a church home that featured a
traditional Anglican Mass utilizing the “1928 Book of Common Prayer”, as well as
services that celebrate Holy Communion on a weekly basis, as well as on other
occasions when services are held. Fr. Juan also recognized the need for a Spanish
translation of the liturgy and sermons on occasions when the congregation
includes communicants who benefit from these translations.
Our church name, “St. Benedict Anglican Church, is associated with Fr. Juan’s
tenure with the Benedictine Religious Order of Monks in Siena Italy.
Space is currently rented on a monthly basis from the Tanque Verde Unified School District. We are located next door to Emily Gray Middle School. Services are held in the boardroom. The altar set up includes all of the traditional linens, candles and crosses that you would expect to find in any Anglican Church. The rented location is expected to be maintained until growth is sufficient to support relocation to a larger space.
At St. Benedicts of Tucson, all are welcome at God’s table.